Wednesday, January 31, 2007

laundry over troubled water

some people are addicted to smoking, some to biting their fingernails, others are addicted to driving as poorly as humanly possible. me? i'm addicted to flooding my bathroom (apparently). every night while getting my bath water ready, i tend to roam around the house and search for things to do in the meantime. my bath takes a good twenty minutes or more to fill up to where i like it, and i am not a "sit and watch the bath water pour" kind of person.... nono. i am a multi-tasker. and while something is doing all on it's own, i keep myself busy. i usually get taylor ready for bed, let the dogs out, watch a little tv, do some laundry, some dishes, or check my e-mail. well, last night i decided to sit down at the computer and try to work on a photo project..... bad idea. it was a good 40 minutes or so before i realized that the bath water was still running. and out of my 5 or so times of flooding the bathroom, this was by far the worst time. the reason i remembered the bath was running was because i heard water draining from my air conditioner. thought it was strange.... so i thought some more.... and then i made a mad dash for the bathroom... only to find exactly what i knew i'd find. the water had seeped about two feet into the carpet of my bedroom. how nice. not to mention that the air condition vent on the floor was spraying water into the air (that's a new one... even for me).

i've learned not to panic in such a situation... maybe i did my first two or three times, but not now.. not this time. oh no.. i'm an old pro now. since the laundry on the floor of my bathroom closet had kept the water from going into the closet, i decided to macgyver this sucker. (maybe that's not the right term, but if i feel like using it.. i will -note this for future reference of all my blogs). anyway, so i spread my laundry all over the floor to try to soak up the water... then whatta you know... i remembered that i had a WHOLE lot more dirty laundry that i could use. so i took a little journey to the laundry room and gathered it all up and threw it on the flo'. (this would save me having to wash more stuff than i was already scheduled to).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

right in the middle of all this, matt called while on his way home from an assignment and he offered to go to my parents' house and pick up the shampooer. fantastic. that was a huge help and saved me from having to freeze my tootsies off by going outside (thanks matt). now why the shampooer you ask? well, i've learned that sucking up the water with a machine that is made to suck up water from carpet is much more efficient than trying to terrycloth the situation.

hopefully i will figure out how not to do this in the future, but until then... i will become a google result for how to ruin an evening.

cheers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You'd think you'd know better by now! You should set a timer or something if you must busy yourself while waiting for the bath water to run...I might have a spare if you need it!!! :)